All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Support Technical Watch!
Buy from our Book Store!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mortiz

TW Patron++
Reply with quote  #1 
Over the past two days, the shorting percentage of NYSE stocks has been the highest posted over the nine months of this data I have.

The blue curve is a 5 day MA of the shorts as a percentage of the total NYSE SDOT sells.

Among other indications, think this had anything to do with today's action?  The above chart data is through Wednesday, 7-11-07.

FWIW

Randy

GarySmith

TW Patron
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkstore
Very nice chart Randy!

The hedge fund crowd and the message board types were apparently tripping over one another in their mad rush to short this market as they have been for some time now. Looks like the process just accelerated a bit in the last few days.

This situation was just a powederkeg waiting for someone to light the fuse. This was the main reason I didn't want to get too cute waiting for that final short-term dip. The bears were so confident and cocksure in spite of all the price action to the contrary. At some point that Negativity Bubble is gonna get popped and a short squeeze for the ages will be on. Question is was that a pin prick I heard today???

And if you look at this week's COT the large specs continued their shorting frenzy.   The data in all classes of traders in the mini S&P and mini Russell 2000 was a bull's delight.  Then again, the data does not include Thursday's fireworks.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Copyright 2000-2017 Technical Watch