All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Author   Comment  
samsung

TW Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Friday's rebound now has both S&P and DOW sitting right at some major down trendline ressistance...

The S&P made some new yearly highs, did a nice pullback too support at 1200, and in the last 2 weeks made another run at the highs again. It is now sitting at what might be a major ressistance down trendline (yellow dotted)  that iit has touched about 4 times. A break through this might indicate a move too the upper (white) trendline at 1250/60 which would be about the 61% retrace from the Mar. 2000 highs.......

The Dow over the last month has done about the same thing, but it has beat the down trendline to death,, 7 or 8 touches !!!!!  I think this will be a very interesting week.... Also FOMC week ???  All the best trading too everyone this week......

mortiz

TW Patron++
Reply with quote  #2 

Hi Samsung,

When time allows, could you expand upon the oscillator-type indicators at the bottom of your charts?  Simple-minded farm boys such as myself don't always pick up on the obivous.

Make or break indeed with R&S lines and a lot of other indications; if the Fed overnight effective rate charged Thursday (3.67%) is any reflection of what their decision is next week wrt short term rates, looks like another 25 basis points up.

Nice symmetry with your trendlines!

Thanks,

Randy

samsung

TW Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Hey Randy,

Sorry about no explanations on the chart, just keep them turned of most of the time.... For a simple minded person like myself,,, it has too be simple, I am not a code writter.....   The dark blue indicator is CCI @ 28 day MA. The yellow, light blue, and red are SMA's of the CCI indicator, yellow being 8, light blue is 13 and red is 29..  I use some different MA's for different Indexes and stocks. It is pretty simple and rather easy too experiment with.. Hope this helps......

OH,,, being an East TN. farm boy I would hate too even make a guess as too how many sticks of tobacco or bales of hay I have put in the barn???? Way too many !!!!!

All the best trading...

Sam.....

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Copyright 2000-2020 Technical Watch