All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Support Technical Watch!
Buy from our Book Store!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
da_cheif

TW Member
Reply with quote  #1 
with sentiment if perfect shape and clx students chomping at the bit.. the current 3rd wave up shud get very exciting in the days ahead......675 ono
mojave

TW Member
Reply with quote  #2 

I'd love to see a good EW-annotated chart clearly depicting 'the current 3rd wave up' - any links handy? 

da_cheif

TW Member
Reply with quote  #3 
look at the 10 year chart of the dow.....the 2007 hi counts best as the top of a B wave......the march 09 low the end of the C wave......of a 10 year ABC irreegular flat correction

whats coming is best illustratrated by the nyse weekly ad line......http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=26802312

notice when most stocks really bottomed......march 2000
mortiz

TW Patron++
Reply with quote  #4 
Below is the NYSE weekly AD line illustrating the point cheif is making.

Sentiment-wise, I know cheif often refers to the Investors Intelligence survey; currently, the bullish percentage (bulls/(bulls + bears)) is the lowest its been since early April 2009.

Most of the options data I follow are not at extremes, but the trend of the smallest equity & ETF options traders' (1 to 10 contracts per transaction) Buy-To-Open (BTO) put-call ratio climbed last week despite healthy price gains, characteristic of the small options players loading up on puts in the early stages of price rallies coming off important bottoms.

The market makers for OEX options reduced their put-call ratio last week into the rally, with the 10-day MA for this indicator falling below unity, territory not typically associated impending declines.

CLX-wise, Friday, the NDX CLX reached an extremely high posting of +84, exceeded only twice since 1996, a +90 level on June 2, 2000 and +86 on March 17, 2003. The 2000 event led to a +10% rally over the ensuing weeks, the 2003 extreme CLX value launched the beginning of a very powerful up-move.

Next chart is the NDX CLX McClellan Oscillator (MCO) which is in a near vertical up-move.

Next is the NDX CLX McClellan Summation index (McSum) which after a needed correction, has turned up and looks poised for a strong run above its August 12the high.

The Dow CLX MCO, like the NDX CLX MCO, in a vertical climb.

For an intermediate term look at the Dow CLX, the final chart illustrates the Dow's CLX McSum indicator. After a well deserved rest below the zero after spending well over one year above zero, the Dow CLX looks ready for a strong move well into positive territory.

FWIW,

Randy

mojave

TW Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Many thanks, I appreciate both replies! 

(And I'm sure I'm not the only one)

MrMoose

TW Patron
Reply with quote  #6 
Wonderful charts, Mortiz.

Thanks!
doc

TW Patron++
Reply with quote  #7 

Much thanks Randy.

bobalou

TW Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi don ,very very good to see you , hope all is well w/ you and yours..
now ,don (?), how could you think we would have a move up, last week , when you have rush hashanah, and all the boys are not at play ? and your still not clear, w/ your posts..( when they, jammed and slammed two weeks a go ).. your still one of the best, to me. on fnn.
randy , nice job....could high lite the charts as it's been a long long time since I saw don's  work. thx

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Copyright 2000-2017 Technical Watch