All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Author   Comment  
fib_1618

Reply with quote  #1 
Are now up and can be reviewed by clicking here.

BETS -50: Re-Initiate Shorts with a Bearish Bias.

Fib

[bets112318]

Technical Watch Twitter Page

Technical Watch Facebook Page

"As for it being different this time, it is different every time. The question is in what way, and to what extent" - Tom McClellan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory" - Ronald Reagan

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" - John Lubbock

"The eye sees only what the mind is ready to comprehend" - Henri Bergson

“Answers are easy; it’s asking the right questions which is hard” - Dr. Who - 1977

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common - they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views (which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering)" - Dr. Who - 1977

mojave

TW Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm wondering why your $TICKQ is different?  Stockcharts provides the symbol, but you appear to use a spreadsheet with different data?

I'm not concerned with the exact 'data' when comparing same symbols on SC, because my CURVES always match yours, and the MAs cross at the same points, etc. 

BUT my $TICKQ, using SC, is clearly different in that the MAs ARE different for this ONE SERIES.   I know you have a good reason, and have likely explained it previously - Sorry I missed that and was just wondering. 

My 19 has not yet crossed > my 39 (so I would have -55 vs your -50).

TICKQ.jpg 

fib_1618

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the question!

Back about 10 years ago, Stock Charts was having issues with the TICKQ data as it wasn't matching up with the day to day raw numbers. I attempted to get this corrected maybe, oh, 10 times and came to the conclusion that this was a data vendor "problem" and that there was little that SC could do to correct it (besides the fact that there isn't too many folks out there that even care or even know that it exists to begin with). So...I started charting the data on my own using the numbers provided by the Wall Street Journal of which can be found at http://tinyurl.com/jcaglaj  Because of the problems in the past, the Excel version you've been seeing lately has always been the primary source when used in this weekly review. If Stock Charts TICKQ data echos that of my Excel version, I post their chart. If I start to see irregularities or deviations in any way (which tends to happen during highly volatile market periods like we saw in October), I go back to the primary Excel source for *counting* until SC's version "catches up".

In any event, the current discrepancy between the two sources doesn't affect the BETS recommended positioning as it relates to the market either being friendly or hostile, but it is worthy of note that both the cumulative TICK and TICKQ does tend to lead the short to intermediate term direction of market activity. In this case, as both are moving higher at this time, this strongly suggests that we're at or very near an important market bottom.

Fib

Technical Watch Twitter Page

Technical Watch Facebook Page

"As for it being different this time, it is different every time. The question is in what way, and to what extent" - Tom McClellan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory" - Ronald Reagan

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" - John Lubbock

"The eye sees only what the mind is ready to comprehend" - Henri Bergson

“Answers are easy; it’s asking the right questions which is hard” - Dr. Who - 1977

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common - they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views (which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering)" - Dr. Who - 1977

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Copyright 2000-2019 Technical Watch