All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Author   Comment  
fib_1618

Reply with quote  #1 
Are now up and can be reviewed by clicking here

BETS +15: Neutral, Cash Position

Fib

[bets111519]

Technical Watch Twitter Page

Technical Watch Facebook Page

"As for it being different this time, it is different every time. The question is in what way, and to what extent" - Tom McClellan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory" - Ronald Reagan

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" - John Lubbock

"The eye sees only what the mind is ready to comprehend" - Henri Bergson

“Answers are easy; it’s asking the right questions which is hard” - Dr. Who - 1977

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common - they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views (which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering)" - Dr. Who - 1977

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #2 
hello Dave and best wishes,

I have looked at the DP default Chart Packs, and my own custom coding that
create various views over different time frames and in all cases the All Issues NYSE
A-D breadth line ( cumulative of course ) achieved its all-time record high in early November
and
last week's A-D line bounce high was a lower high vs. the early November all-time record high for
the All Issues NYSE A-D breadth line

set me straight please if I am incorrect

your 11/15/19 detailed update has printed on the NYSE A-D breadth line all-time record highs as of last week, which appears to be incorrect timing

thanks for all the work you generously share, and I hope life is going well for you and yours.

I went back just now and looked at your Nov. 1 and Nov. 8 detailed updates and both of those chart sets also state All Time Record Highs on the
NYSE A-D breadth line, with slightly different left to right justification of that statement on the chart.  SO, I am now unclear to which timing your
current citation of the record high refers on the 11/15/19 update.

=====================

quoting Fib at TT on November 12, 2011 -

"The simple way to look at this is that as long as the directional trend of money supports the direction of price, the trend remains intact. If you have divergences, then you can eventually expect a change in this same trend. Some divergences occur as Type 1 where this A/D component makes a lower high, but prices go on into new territory without the benefit of this same money flow component. These are almost always "terminal" events to the larger price structure overall. But there is also Type 2 divergences where the A/D line moves to higher highs, while prices fail to do so. Divergences like these, the same as we had back in July, are almost always "correctional" points in this same structural pattern. So far, this is exactly what we've had to work with over the last several months.

So to answer your question about divergences, in a general sense, we can have many before a change in direction is triggered. Much of this really depends on how much energy is being used and applied, and then whether or not there's anything left to use when the tank gets close to being empty. Right now, with monetary policy around the globe giving us levels of liquidity never seen before in history, it's not likely that we're going to see Type 1 divergence between the NYSE advance/decline line and the New York composite index for an extended period of time. And based on the fact that there's never been a time since 1926 when we haven't seen Type 1 divergence first before a bear market began, increases the odds that until we do, the longer term trend will continue to remain up overall.

Fib"

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #3 
daily chart updated for the Tuesday November 19, 2019 close -

NYSE A-D line with NYSI and NYMO - November 19, 2019.png 

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon

fib_1618

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Steve...great to hear from you!!

As you have probably noticed over the last 6 months, Stockcharts has had increasing problems with their data source for the standard array of cumulative charts with both the TICK and TICKQ no longer available and constant problems with both the NYUD and AMUD. I (and others) have written to them about the volume data and at no time have any of us received the decency of a reply regarding this glitch in the data. Because of this, I have marked the AMUD "Neutral Until Further Notice" and have been trying to read "between the lines" as to the correct configuration of the NYUD chart each week.

It would now appear that they are now having issues with the NYAD data itself given that the chart I used on Saturday did show the A/D line at new all time highs and it was duly noted as such. However, the personal data in which I collect for the Weekly Breadth Data updates did have the NYAD line at a lower high by 96 net advancing issues and that was noted as such to subscribers (see below).

You'll also note that the NYUD line has also been "adjusted" since last weekend as well. I don't know how I'm going to proceed moving forward with the BETS and the weekly review of the cumulative charts if this lack of due diligence on Chip's part to provide accurate and trustworthy data continues...it may, unfortunately, all need to be retired from public view and we can all say "remember when?".

Best to you
Fib

Date           ADV    DEC     Cum
11/1/192152791557,676
11/4/1917961127558,345
11/5/1913721566558,151
11/6/1913311623557,859
11/7/1913631583557,639
11/8/1915591400557,798
11/11/1912931631557,460
11/12/1913941532557,322
11/13/1913651574557,113
11/14/1916751260557,528
11/15/1918251104558,249

[breadthspx111519]

Technical Watch Twitter Page

Technical Watch Facebook Page

"As for it being different this time, it is different every time. The question is in what way, and to what extent" - Tom McClellan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory" - Ronald Reagan

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" - John Lubbock

"The eye sees only what the mind is ready to comprehend" - Henri Bergson

“Answers are easy; it’s asking the right questions which is hard” - Dr. Who - 1977

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common - they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views (which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering)" - Dr. Who - 1977

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Copyright 2000-2019 Technical Watch