All donations go towards web site maintenance for all of Technical Watch,
keep it free of charge, and may be tax deductable as an investment expense.

PayPal Verified
Join our market chat sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00 pm Pacific time!
More information on subscriber services can be found at
http://www.technicalwatch.com/subs.htm

Support Technical Watch!
Buy from our Book Store!
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #1 
AAPL above 78-80 looks like a potential signal it may want to target a future breakout above the historic high...needs to move above this zone first. Trading above $78 in the premkt is a significant clue in my opinion based on weekly chart. The close today and Friday/Monday will be important.

tight stops on move above $80, if any, are suggested by another trader I respect.

weekly chart -

some chart analysts say a long-term price advance occurs in 3 major moves over the years, and then is due for a horizontal move or decline....looks like at least 2 major ascent moves to date...will there be a third, and will there be another major decline first?  Or is AAPL now in the third move up that will take it to new historic highs during a new multi-year advance.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #2 
11/1 intraday update

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon

Turkey

TW Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Hiker,

I want to be in aapl before Jan for this third move up that I absolutely expect. The fundamental reason for this move will be related to the strength of the mac notebook series. I am telling you they are the hot Christmas item for kids and once the kids adapt to the apple way of doing things their parents will eventually get it just as these same parents eventually, and still are getting the ipod.

Also they usually announce new innovations in Jan.

I may jump in higher or lower. I need the chart to speak to me and I just don't have a read on it one way or the other right now.

I think the stock going down on news of any ipod competition is silly mainly because the important piece right now is the mac.

That is just my read.

Best to you as always!
hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Turkey -

AAPL remains in a bullish setup near-term as long as dips to 79.50 to 79.75 continue to be bought, and the 20-day ema is not seriously tested. It is a good swing trader within the 79.50 to 82.00 range, and may be influenced by very short-term traders until this pattern changes.

$77.50 is a clearly visible horizontal minimum measure of risk that longs can consider when dip buying...in addition to the 20-day ema.

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #5 
11/3 intraday

$77.50 mentioned above was approached by today's low...buying is visible today at the test of the 5-week ema.

PnF chart provides an alert today...PnF chart remains in a bullish pattern -

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?aapl

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #6 
11/6 closing basis

tested horizontal resistance near $80 today

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #7 
3/26/07 intraday

- Apple will not release the iPhone until June, but Leander Kahney, the writer of “The Cult of Mac” blog, posited this week on Wired News that the new phone is already partly responsible for a major change in how the company is perceived. After nearly three decades, Apple is finally being taken seriously not just by the true believers, but by just about everybody.

http://www.hedgefundmgr.blogspot.com/

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #8 
3/27 intraday

daily

hiker

TW Member
Reply with quote  #9 
3/28 intraday

note 93.16 on daily vs. today's low of 93.15 so far -

http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?aapl

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Copyright 2000-2017 Technical Watch